Laney, the Lion roars!
One of the most synonymous names with great British guitar tone is Laney Amplification. With a rich and vibrant history, some say (and rightly so) that they were an integral part of the explosion of Heavy Metal in 70’s. Laney Amplification comes with a pedigree like no other.
Not only are they renowned for Heavy Metal, but in recent years they’ve successfully turned their sights on the full scope of guitar tone, and that’s reflected in this new exciting pack meticulously captured by Adam Steel (HopPole Studios). The captures ensure that when you want THAT tone, you are getting it, straight from your Torpedo embedded Device.
So, what makes DynIR so special? Well, you have 8 mics with each cab, the option to place them in multiple rooms and the ability to move the mic around, in front or round the back of the cab and hear the difference in real time. One single DynIR is the equivalent to 1.6 million static IRs.
There are 15 cabinets in the pack, 10 for guitar and 5 for bass. From a small 1×12″ guitar cab for detailed and articulate tones, right up to the full roar of their flagship 4×12″ cabinets – there are even one or two that have considerable rock and roll history, one of the cabinets is identical, in every way, to the cabs from the 70’s that defined a genre of music, and another is the actual cab used on tour, and in the studio, extensively with Killswitch Engage.
(Photo by Laurens Van Houten/Frank White Photo Agency)
We didn’t overlook all you bass players either, there are 4×10″s, 2×12″s… even cabs miked on the tweeters that ensures when you load them to the Torpedo Wall of Sound, you have complete control of everything. As always, each DynIR virtual cabinet will cost you just 10€/$ (USD)
- The Laney Complete Collection (all 15 cabs) 99€/$ (USD)
- The Laney Guitar Cabinets Collection (10 guitar cabs) 65€/$ (USD)
- The Laney Bass Guitar Cabinets Collection (5 bass cabs) 39€/$ (USD)
Laney Original LA412 (70s cab)
- Late 69/70’s 4 x 12 ” cab – closed back with 4 x Green label Goodmans®.
- Killswitch Engage owned 2 x 12″ cab and used extensively in the studio and on tour – closed back with Celestion® G12H 70th Anniversary speakers
- Open back 1 x 12″ cabinet with an H/H® speaker Woofer H1265.
- Open back 2 x 12″ cabinet with H/H® speakers 2 x 12″ Woofer H1265.
- Closed back 2 x 12″ cabinet with H/H® speakers Woofer H1280.
- Closed back 4 x 12″ cabinet with H/H® speakers Woofer H1280.
- Open back 2 x 12″ cabinet with Celestion® G12H70th Anniversary + Celestion® Vintage 30.
- Closed back 2 x 12″ cabinet with Celestion® G12M-25 Greenback speakers.
- Closed back 4 x 12″ cabinet with Celestion® G12H 75 speakers.
- Closed back 4 x 12″ cabinet with Celestion® G12H 75 M speakers
- 2 x 12″ cabinet with H/H® Speakers Black Series
Laney DBV212 Tweeter
- As above, but miked on Tweeter
- 4 x 10″ cabinet with H/H® Speakers Black Series
Laney DBV410 Tweeter
- As above, but miked on Tweeter
Laney DBV 8108 x 10″ cabinet with H/H® Speakers Black Series
All 15 cabinets have been meticulously captured with a selection of industry standard microphones including the Shure SM57®, Sennheiser® MD421, Royer® R121, AKG® C414, Neuman® KM184, Aston® Origin, AKG® D112, Shure® SM7b, Beyerdynamic® M160, Shure® SM7b, AKG® D112 and Shure® Beta 52A.
The entire DynIR collection was captured through BBC® AM7/13 preamps via an Audient® ASP880.
The all-new Laney Collection of DynIR virtual cabinets are compatible with all DynaIR-enabled Torpedo hardware (including Captor X, C.A.B. M+ and digital legacy products), 3rd party Torpedo embedded devices and the Torpedo Wall of Sound v4 audio plug-in (Mac/PC).
“It gives me great pleasure to announce the collaboration between Two Notes and Laney. We have been producing guitar and bass cabinets since 1967, so in bringing them into the virtual realm, we needed the best possible partner. To get started we’ve offered up not only a superb range of our most popular current cabinet options for guitar and bass players, but also some incredibly rare and unique ones, including an original LA412 as chosen by artists such as Tony Iommi during the early Sabbath era, and also the TI412, Tony’s go-to stage and studio cab from the current era. For this legacy to now be made available through Two Notes DynIR virtual cabinets is a fantastic opportunity.” – James Laney, CEO.
You can check out the cabinets, and tones, in this excellent video featuring the legend that is Lee Wrathe!
Buy Now and Grab Yourself a “Buy 2, Get 1 Free” Coupon!
You heard it right! In celebration of this release, we are offering a “Buy 2, Get 1 Free” coupon to anyone who buys the Laney Collection pack before 16th November 2021; simply purchase the pack and we will send you your unique coupon code for redemption across a selection of 40 inspiring, complementary DynIR cabinets.